Registered charity no.1089033
Welcome to the Finzi Friends' website!
Ashmansworth 9 July 2016
Tickets have sold well for our biennial pilgrimage to the location of Gerald and Joy Finzi’s former home at Ashmansworth and we only have ten tickets left. For those still interested you are advised to book as soon as possible before it is too late.
Please send an s.a.e. to Eric Hazelwood (address under ‘Contact us’ on this webpage) together with a cheque for the ticket price of £35 each including lunch and concert.
At our Ashmansworth event on 9 July we will also be having our AGM during which we will be adopting modifications to our Constitution, updated to reflect current Charities Commission standards and minor modifications to our Society’s procedures. Once again, if you would like to receive a copy of the amended constitution for review, please contact Eric Hazelwood again by email (erichazelwood888(btinternet.com) or post, prior to the AGM.
Finzi Friends was formed in 1982 to further interest in Gerald Finzi's life and work and bring together people with similar interests. We have always worked in close association with the Finzi Trust but decided in 2001 to become a separate entity, changing the name from Finzi Trust Friends to Finzi Friends and becoming a charity in our own right. In furtherance of these objectives we:
- Encourage and promote performances of Finzi's work and that of other British composers
- Publish an annual Journal and occasional Newsletters, containing articles relating to Gerald Finzi, reviews of CDs and books, and news regarding the organisation and forthcoming performances of Finzi's works
- Hold occasional workshops and study days
- Organise a lunch and lecture at the Three Choirs Festival every August
- Organise a Triennial Weekend of English Song in Ludlow
- Offer members a comprehensive stock of CDs, books and Finzi-related merchandise at discounted prices
This website gives information about the Friends, our events and publications. For biographical information on the composer, and lists of other performances, please visit the Finzi Trust website. The Trust site also has a discussion board for anybody with questions about Finzi or his work.